Final Up to date on November 9, 2023 by AIFS Overseas
Eire may not be the primary nation you consider while you consider “summer-y” locations, however what it lacks in swimming swimming pools and infinite sunshine is made up for in its good vibes, good humor and its folks’s legendary command of language, be that Gaelic or English. A summer season research overseas expertise in Eire is certain to make an excellent story, and AIFS Overseas might help you craft it.
Searching for a summer season with a bit extra inexperienced? Right here’s the “craic” on why summer season is the right time to check overseas Eire:
1. It’s Extra Lush than Ordinary
We will’t promise you there gained’t be rain throughout your summer season keep in Eire, however we will promise that this season is when the nation’s breathtaking panorama comes alive. On a sunny day, it’s the very best time to see Eire’s gorgeous pure wonders. The long-lasting Cliffs of Moher grow to be extra harrowing, the Ring of Kerry turns into extra scenic. Even the hillsides appear to grow to be greener and actually reveals why the nation earned the nickname of “The Emerald Isle.” Plus, with extra daytime and fewer night time, you will have extra time to see the island’s magnificence.
2. It’s Time to Have fun
In summer season, locals maximize their time outdoor with celebrations within the solar. Competition season is a superb alternative to soak up Irish tradition in concentrated doses. Listed below are just some of the festivals happening in summer season that you simply gained’t wish to miss when you’re doing a summer season research overseas program in Eire:
- Seas Classes Surf and Music Competition (June) – Up in Donegal, the nation’s greatest up and coming musicians and surfers carry out for spectators. You don’t should get within the water, however positively be part of the ocean of individuals dancing!
- Bloomsday (June 16th) – Eire takes satisfaction of their many esteemed authors, and that is their largest literary celebration, based mostly on the day in James Joyce’s basic novel, “Ulysses.” It options readings, music, and excursions to locations referenced within the e book.
- Dublin Pleasure (June) – Dublin’s Pleasure celebration features a colourful satisfaction parade down O’Connell Road. There are additionally occasions that assist and rejoice the historical past of Irish queer historical past, from a banner making class on the MART Gallery, to a Forest Bathing Stroll in Phoenix Park with a proportion of proceeds going to Dublin Lesbian Line. (PS: For those who’re interested in Dublin and its historical past, we provide research overseas and worldwide internship packages there!)
3. Dublin is Extra Seen
Exploring Eire’s capital of metropolis throughout Dublin as a research overseas scholar is nice any time of 12 months, however summer season gives distinctive benefits. You’ll love strolling alongside Dublin’s metropolis streets and taking in its Georgian structure, from Dublin Fort to the Shelbourne Lodge, the place the Irish Structure was drafted in 1922. Make sure to even have a picnic in St. Stephen’s Inexperienced, a 72-acre park within the metropolis’s middle. Enjoyable reality: the Nationwide Museum of Dublin has prolonged hours in summer season, and even gives out of doors exhibitions and actions!
4. Celtic Critters are Out
It’s not simply the locals and vacationers who come out to play in the summertime, the Irish wildlife additionally reap the benefits of the hotter climate. Step out onto the coast to the west and also you’re more likely to spot puffins within the midst of their breeding season. The tiny seaside city of Dingle was as soon as residence to Eire’s hottest dolphin, Fungie, who sadly hasn’t been noticed in a number of years, however you possibly can nonetheless take the Fungie boat tour out into the lagoon and see his dolphin and minke whale buddies!
5. It’s The Finest Time to Grasp
The native pub is integral to Irish tradition, and whereas locals in some international locations might scoff on the summer season vacationer crowd, the Irish embrace guests. Whether or not you’re within the pub to observe a hurling match or simply share a pint with fellow college students, don’t be shocked if a stranger sparks a dialog or invitations you to return sit with them. And in the event that they purchase you a spherical, be sure you say sláinte (which means well being) while you cheers and provide to return the favor!
So, if you’d like a summer season research overseas expertise that you simply’ll be speaking to strangers about endlessly, crack on with us to Eire.
For those who’re contemplating a summer season research overseas program in Eire, you’ve come to the correct place. Right here at AIFS Overseas, we provide unimaginable research overseas and worldwide internship program choices in Dublin, Galway, Maynooth and Limerick. With inclusions comparable to tuition, housing, insurance coverage, excursions and actions, on-site employees, and emergency assist, you’ll have a stress-free world schooling expertise. Don’t miss the chance to immerse your self within the inviting Irish tradition whereas incomes faculty credit in between spring and fall semester. Are you prepared?